The Workforce Summit Planning Committee is working expeditiously to provide valued training for your leadership and front-line staff. This is a call for all four nominations to be presented at the Workforce Summit Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, September 13th .
· The Workforce Professional Champion Award
· The Barbara K. Griffin Workforce Excellence Award
1. The Workforce Professional Champion Award was established to honor those individuals on the frontline within the workforce system who demonstrate traits and characteristics worthy of emulation. All 24 LWDBs must submit one nomination in recognition of your region’s champion, Florida Division of Blind Services and Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation may also submit a nominee each, for a total of 26 nominees. Nominees must be employed for at least six months, frontline staff (no managers/supervisors), available for committee interview (Microsoft TEAMS), and expected to be at the Awards Ceremony. Each Workforce Professional Champion nominee will be recognized on stage and celebrated at the awards luncheon on Tuesday, September 13th . An award will be presented to the top four candidates in the following categories: Leadership Ambassador, Service Innovator, Workforce Advocate, and Goodwill Emissary.
2. The Workforce Partner Award nomination is your opportunity to select and highlight one of the strongest advocates from your community. Nominees for this award serve as champions for workforce collaboration. A sub-committee of FWDA will select the winner. You will be asked for a picture of your nominee if they are selected. Nominees can be education, economic development, chambers of commerce, and other community agencies.
3. The Florida Workforce Chairs Alliance (FWCA) Lighthouse Award was created to recognize an employee who works behind the scene and someone who everyone relies upon. FWCA will select the winner. You will be asked for a picture of your nominee if they are selected. Nominees can be support staff or mid-level management/ leads/ supervisors that have gone above and beyond during staffing shortages, challenges, and changes.
4. The Barbara K. Griffin Workforce Excellence Award was created to recognize staff or partners who exemplify excellence through exceptional performance. Barbara K. Griffin will select the winner. You will be asked for a picture of your nominee if they are selected. Nominees can be community partners or staff that demonstrate the following:
✴Passionate Provider of Superb Customer Service
✴ Champion for Partnership and Collaboration
✴Standard-bearer for Performance Improvement, Excellence, and Integrity
Select the specific award below to find out more information & submit nominations.
The deadline for nomination submissions is Monday, July 18, 2022.
Florida Workforce Development Association
Copyright © 2023 Florida Workforce Development Association - All Rights Reserved.